About the Book
You Are More Than What Men, Mirrors, and Magazines Tell You
When women and girls look to men, mirrors, magazines, masquerades, and the media for a picture of their value, they see a grossly distorted reflection of who they are. Former professional model Jennifer Strickland knows all too well the despair women and girls experience by allowing the world to define them. Fifteen years in the most glamorized industry in the world landed Jennifer on Giorgio Armani’s runway one month and trying to kill herself the next. Anorexia, drugs, and being treated like “a thing in a world of things” left her wondering where on earth to turn for her true reflection.
Now she has dedicated her life to telling the truth: that when women turn away from these mirrors of the world and look into the never-changing mirror of the Word, their beauty, purpose, and identity become crystal clear. They are God’s beloved daughters, hand-made creations, holy temples, shining stars, and chosen ambassadors, designed to reflect His image to a lost and confused generation.
About the Study Guide
Discover Your Identity, Worth, and Purpose
Women who desire to go deeper in their study of the culture’s lies and how to overcome them can do so with the help of this growth and study guide. Building on the principles in Beautiful Lies, the Study Guide will help individuals as well as small groups and Bible studies ...
- recognize the ways they have allowed men (humans) to define their value
- turn to their heavenly Father for their identity and worth
- realize how they have allowed the bathroom mirror to be the definition of their beauty
- embrace their bodies as a part of God's creation and the temple where His Spirit dwells
- take off their masks and get real about their pain so they can be healed from it
- embrace the real meaning of beauty as a woman who shines inside and outside the home
- be challenged to honor their husbands in the home as they honor God
- recognize the media is not a definition of their value, but an opportunity to share Christ with the world
This is an empowering study to do as a group! Each person doing the Beautiful Lies Study Guide will need a Beautiful Lies book to go along with it. When purchased for groups, your discount is even greater!
BULK ORDER DISCOUNTS:
6-11 books & studies @ $22.98 value SALE: $21.73 EACH!
12-23 books & studies @ $22.98 value SALE: $21.23 EACH!
½ case = 24 books & studies @ $22.98 value SALE: $20.73 EACH!
Full case = 48 books & studies @ $22.98 value SALE: $19.98 EACH!
*plus tax, (in TX), plus shipping and handling.
Thank you for helping us instill value, identity, and purpose in women!