- 1 in 3 girls are sexually abused by the age of 18
- 1 in 3 teens experience abuse in their dating relationships
- 3 out of 4 girls are having sex outside of marriage
- 70% of women looking at fashion magazines report feeling depressed, guilty, and ashamed of their bodies after only a few minutes of viewing
- The average fashion model is thinner than 98% of American women
- Over 1/2 of teen girls say they want to lose weight because of magazine pictures
- While only 20% of teen girls are overweight, 70% think they need to lose weight
- 40% of girls start dieting at age 10
- 80% of American women and girls have disordered eating
- Over half of American women say their bodies "disgust" them
- Over 10 million women in the U.S. are facing a life and death battle with an eating disorder
Help & Hotlines
- 2016 Election Voter Guide
- Three Day Forgiveness Worksheet: Use this guide for three consecutive days, work through the material in one extended period of time, or take as much time as you need.
- Overcoming the Victim Spirit? If you have been victimized and continue to find yourself feeling victimized rather than victorious, this mini e-book is for you. It has numerous examples on how to identify the victim spirit in your life and get rid of it for good. This book can dramatically change your outlook and relationships for the better.
- Eating Disorders: Criteria and warning signs for eating disorders, as well as a brief eating disorder screen and referrals to well-respected counseling centers for eating disorders
- Recommended Reading: List of recommended resources categorized by the relevant topics facing this generation.
- Counseling Referrals: Counseling can be a wonderful way to heal. Some issues are best tackled with the help of a professional therapist. Remember there are local crisis centers open 24/7 near you. We welcome you to make use of this list of counseling referrals.