MomStrong Bible Study for Women, Teens and Tweens
BEAUTIFUL LIES BOOK & STUDY GUIDE
About the Book
You Are More Than What Men, Mirrors, and Magazines Tell You
When women and girls look to men, mirrors, magazines, masquerades, and the media for a picture of their value, they see a grossly distorted reflection of who they are. Former professional model Jennifer Strickland knows all too well the despair women and girls experience by allowing the world to define them. Fifteen years in the most glamorized industry in the world landed Jennifer on Giorgio Armani’s runway one month and trying to kill herself the next. Anorexia, drugs, and being treated like “a thing in a world of things” left her wondering where on earth to turn for her true reflection.
Now she has dedicated her life to telling the truth: that when women turn away from these mirrors of the world and look into the never-changing mirror of the Word, their beauty, purpose, and identity become crystal clear. They are God’s beloved daughters, hand-made creations, lights and ambassadors, designed to reflect His image to a lost and divided world.
About the Study Guide
Discover Your Identity, Worth, and Purpose
Women who desire to go deeper in their study of the culture’s lies and how to overcome them can do so with the help of this growth and study guide. Building on the principles in Beautiful Lies, the Study Guide will help individuals as well as small groups and Bible studies …
- • Recognize the ways they have allowed men (humans) to define their value
- • Turn to their heavenly Father for their identity and worth
- • Realize how they have allowed the bathroom mirror to be the definition of their beauty
- • Embrace their bodies as a part of God’s creation and the temple where His Spirit dwells
- • Take off their masks and get real about their pain so they can be healed from it
- • Embrace the real meaning of beauty as a woman who shines inside and outside the home
- • Be challenged to honor their husbands in the home as they honor God
- • Recognize the media is not a definition of their value, but an opportunity to share Christ with the world
PRETTY FROM THE INSIDE OUT
About the Book
What does it mean to be beautiful? Do you have to have a popular Instagram page: Or wear all the right clothes? Or be a certain size?
In this pre-teen girls’ version of Beautiful Lies, former professional model Jennifer Strickland will help you see yourself in the mirror of God, learn what true beauty is, and challenge you to discover God’s purpose for creating you.
Beauty is not about the light shining on you; it’s the light coming from you that counts.
MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN YOU KNOW
Celebrating the Young Woman God Created You to Be
If only a guy loved me … If only I liked what I saw in the mirror… If only everyone’s lives online didn’t look so perfect … then maybe I could be happy.
The desires of every woman’s heart are to know she is loved, beautiful, and has a future in store. But most girls look to guys, their appearance, and social media for their worth. These are never-ending, confusing cycles that distort their true identity. And knowing who we are is EVERYTHING.
In More Beautiful Than You know, former professional model Jennifer Strickland helps you turn away from the guys, mirrors, and screens for your value, and trains you to look into the mirror of the Word, where your beauty, purpose, and identity become crystal clear.
Discover a beauty, purpose, and identity that will last.
This book will help young women:
- • Love and respect themselves by inspiring them to see themselves through their heavenly Father’s eyes
- • Accept and care for their bodies as they learn to see it as a work of their Creator’s hand
- • Protect and honor their sexuality as they grow to see their bodies as Holy Ground
- • Reflect real beauty inside and outside the home by looking to Jesus as their Light
- • Use screens for positive influence as they embrace their purpose in Christ.